Volume Rocker Cracks on First iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SkippyThorson, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

So I just considered making a thread on this, since it hasn't been brought up before. Sure, the first gen iPhone is almost 3 years old, and it doesn't really make much difference any more, but I'm curious, as always.

Take a look at the black plastic volume rocker. Press the up or down end, and look towards the middle. Is there a little scratch-looking line?

It's split / cracked in the middle if you get to looking. No one I know has a first gen iPhone that doesn't have a crack in the center of the rocker. Then again, I'm a curious and OCD-like when it comes to my iPhone.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Prolly why they went with metal on the 3G and 3GS.

3. SkippyThorson thread starter macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

More than likely true. I liked the look of the black. It was more subdued than *BLAMMO* chrome.

Any ideas on if this will lead to future issues? Like it falling right out or something stupid? I'm upgrading with iPhone 4, but need this one to hold out until then. :p

4. SDNikki macrumors member

first post ever

my 2.5 yr old 1st gen iPhone has no such crack and the poor thing has had some serious abuse....

N