Volume rocker fallen off. Need guide.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DryEyez, Oct 24, 2011.

1. DryEyez macrumors 6502

My iPhone 3gs has recently had it's volume rocker 'fall out', I don't have the actual bit of it anymore, I was just going to buy a replacement off ebay. I have been looking online, maybe my search skills suck, but I was unable to fine a definitive guide to replacing the volume rockers and if it is just that easy or whether it requires something more complex....Help appreciated :eek:

2. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Apple will not do this for you. If anything, they'll give you a refurbished iPhone. Apple Stores don't repair stuff like this.

4. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok interesting, so they won't repair the volume rocker. They'll give me a refurbished phone? for free? exchange? part ex and money?

And does the phone need to be in warranty?

I've not heard of that before.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If the iPhone is still under warranty or AppleCare, they'll replace it for free. If not, they'll charge you for it.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

When they said "give", he did not mean free. Go and see them, you might be surprised!:)

7. malevolant macrumors 6502

"fall out" ???

Did you drop it, was it just normal use and all of a sudden it fell out? If it was the latter you should be able to get a free replacement phone. If you dropped the phone which led to the damage, you're SOL.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There have been reports of the volume rocker button falling out and becoming unglued in the 3G and 3Gs models.

9. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

No I didn't drop it. It literally just fell out, not sure if it is a common thing. I will ring up apple tomorrow then and have a chat see what they say over the phone first as it's a good 4 hour round trip to my nearest Apple store. Wish me luck anyway. If anyone else has had this problem then please reply to this, thanks. Any other advice also welcome....:eek: