Volume Rocker (Lower Volume)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ry23, Dec 1, 2014.

1. ry23 macrumors member

Hey guys, been a while since I've posted. I know the drill when it comes to refurbished phones and how they are "actually looked at better than those off the assembly line", but I still have a bias due to the fact that I bought a new phone, so I want a new phone :p anyway, now that that has been established....

I have a 64 gig silver 6 plus and I just noticed about 2 days ago that my "volume down" button on the volume rocker seems to be stuck. Not stuck in the sense that the volume always lowers, or that I can't press it. But when I do press it, it doesn't click (like the "up" bottom does). It feels stiff and I feel as though I need to press it harder than the "volume up" or more than I should have to. Just curious as to whether or not anybody else has experienced this? I haven't dropped it, which should be obvious to Apple since it is in pristine condition. I don't have apple care or any insurance, should they still replace it?

TL;DR- I had originally gotten a 6 plus on the release date but that phone was stolen. So the phone I have now is only about 2 weeks old.

2. SM0k3 macrumors newbie

Had the same issue with mine except it was the volume up button like a week after I got my phone through T-Mobile. Only thing is I had the JUMP insurance service and they just charged me 5 bucks for a replacement. Apple should replace it since it seems to be a manufacturer defect and not from negligence

3. ry23 thread starter macrumors member

Ok great, that's what I was thinking, just thought I'd get another opinion. The Market St. Apple Store in SF is a ****ing nightmare and I didn't feel like standing in line after working all day for nothing. But ya, definitely no negligence, I baby my phone. Thank you for the reply :)

4. Ken Kaniff macrumors regular

You got your answer twice already here so I just want to make a minor correction... It's not a rocker switch. Its a button. ;)