Volume side button accessory?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Norinion, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Norinion, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

Norinion macrumors regular

I just bought one of these:

[​IMG]

The volume buttons seem to be really deep in the case and pretty hard to press, especially using the ringer/vibrate switch.

I'm looking for a silicon base or some material to "lift" these volume buttons and switcher? I've seen some cases around with the actual lift built in such as the cleave and other silicon cases. I don't want to buy a completely new case, and buying it again everytime i fail to cut it out correctly, so is there a site/place i can buy just the "lifters"? or if possible, anyone know how to home-make these? The buttons seem easy enough to "lift" but i'm having trouble coming up with ideas for the switcher.

Found a solution, but requires me to buy the Cleave's cases button separately, anyone know where they sell these? I've been around the internet, including Ebay, and i can't find anywhere that would sell them separately.

2. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Im very interested also for an insert. I love my vapor but its a hassle to access the colume buttons. My hands rnt huge either.

3. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Kind of a homebrew solution that may or may not turn out well, but you may be able to find adhesive cabinet door bumpers at your local hardware store that will fit the side cutout.

[​IMG]

I know it's not as nice as a specifically designed button cover, but I figured I'd throw the suggestion out there.

4. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

Great idea! never would have thought about that, I emailed some case producers of cleave and see if i can buy the buttons individually, if not, i might revert to doing this. This is a great idea thanks.