Volume Slider not smooth

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NYSF37, Sep 18, 2013.

1. NYSF37 macrumors newbie

I downloaded iOS 7 onto my iPhone 5 today and noticed that the volume slider behaves differently. When in the music or podcasts app (or in control center with something playing), pressing the volume up/down buttons causes the slider to "jump" to the next notch, rather than smoothly slide as it did in iOS 6.

Is this how it is for everyone? It just seems wrong to me.

2. NYSF37, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

NYSF37 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. NYSF37 thread starter macrumors newbie

Another qualm I have is the volume changing when I don't want it to. If I don't touch the "next track" button in the exact right spot, my volume jumps up. And I'm tapping my finger, not sliding. I'm talking millimeters below the "next track" button. It's really frustrating, especially when I'm trying to skip tracks while driving and trying to keep my eyes on the road. Also it only seems to increase the volume, as tapping on the left side doesn't decrease the volume. I also usually have my volume at about 75%, so I'm not sure if the volume knob's close proximity to the "next track" makes me more likely for me to touch the volume knob's touch area instead. Could there be some sort of overlap in the "touch areas" for these buttons?

Okay, I'm done rambling/ranting, hopefully someone can offer something from their experiences...