Volume switch fell off iPhone 3G (!!??) - Best way to get fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by medgirl2001, Jul 19, 2009.

1. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

My sister got her iPhone 3G in March. The metal volume switch on the side fell off (which seems like it should not happen). Her phone should still be covered under warranty. What would be the best way to get it fixed? She doesn't have a backup phone since her previous phone was locked to T-Mobile. She wants to be without her phone for the shortest time she can, or not at all if that's possible. We have an Apple store a little over an hour away, which would be a bit of a pain to get to, but she could do it if that's the best way to get this taken care of. Or would it be better just to call Apple?

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Going to the Apple Store will be the quickest way to get it replaced. They should just give you a new one on the spot if it doesn't look like it was caused by any accidental damage.

You can also call AppleCare and have a new phone shipped to you then send the other one back. They'll charge your $30 then refund it if they decide the phone does indeed need replaced. (you might have to specifically ask for this service)

Either way she shouldn't be without a phone.

3. medgirl2001 thread starter macrumors regular

4. llarson macrumors member

I returned mine...

Got a new one on the spot.

LLARSON