Volume too low, esp. during movies

msakey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Hey folks,

For a lot of video files I've transferred, the maximum volume is just too low. I've checked to make sure that Sound Check and Volume Limit are both off. Is there anything else I can do to boost the maximum volume? Some setting file I can edit?

Failing that, is there a good video conversion software package that lets me boost the volume in the conversion process? I'm mostly working from digital files, DivX and such.

I'm on a PC, WinXP, iPod Touch 32gig.

Thanks!

-Marcus

rodman109110

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
You can change the volume level in iTunes. raise it to what you want. I did that with a couple movies and it worked fine.

Attachments

Resist

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
Raising the volume in iTunes will do nothing for the sound level when playing the movie on your Touch.

msakey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Actually, raising the volume level did seem to do the trick. Great call! Thanks for the help.

Brian513A

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Raising the volume in iTunes will do nothing for the sound level when playing the movie on your Touch.
actually, i can confirm that this does work. i do it all the time with all of my music, and my videos. i raise the little volume bar in itunes and when i transfer those files to my ipod, the volume level is where it's at in itunes, so it remembers it somehow...

db2431

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Hey folks,

For a lot of video files I've transferred, the maximum volume is just too low. I've checked to make sure that Sound Check and Volume Limit are both off. Is there anything else I can do to boost the maximum volume? Some setting file I can edit?

Failing that, is there a good video conversion software package that lets me boost the volume in the conversion process? I'm mostly working from digital files, DivX and such.

Thanks!

-Marcus
Im going to assume you are in the EU, so your touch is capped, Jailbreak it and you can uncap the volume, makes it MUCH louder.Also ditch the ipod headphones and get some in the ear canal headphones like the cx300 which are much louder, the combo of an uncapped ipod touch and cx300 is so much louder than before its a joke.

Brian513A

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Well I can't find this volume adjustment anywhere in iTunes 7.6.1.9.
Ummmm... Right click any song/video > Get Info > Options = Volume Adjustment Slider. . . TaDa! Call me crazy, but that's all there in my iTunes 7.6.1.9 and has been available ever since I started using iTunes years ago. Heh. :cool:

praks_iyer

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2017
Hey folks,

Thanks!

-Marcus
Steps to solve the issue...
1. right click on volume icon in task bar.
2. go to 'Playback Devices'
3. Select Speaker and click on properties.
4. Goto 'Enhancement'.
5. Select 'Loudness' and then press setting.
6. Move rocker towards long.
Apply settimng...

Problem Solved!!!!!

Thank you very much :)

lisamona

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2018
Hey everyone,
I have exactly the same problem. I do not know if this volume is too small for you, but I have to increase it because it is simply too quiet.
greetings
LisaMona

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Setting your equalizer within the iPod touch to, "Late Night" will also increase the volume across the board. A neat trick I learned here on the forums a couple of years ago.