Volume too low, esp. during movies

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by msakey, Mar 11, 2008.

1. msakey macrumors newbie

Hey folks,

For a lot of video files I've transferred, the maximum volume is just too low. I've checked to make sure that Sound Check and Volume Limit are both off. Is there anything else I can do to boost the maximum volume? Some setting file I can edit?

Failing that, is there a good video conversion software package that lets me boost the volume in the conversion process? I'm mostly working from digital files, DivX and such.

I'm on a PC, WinXP, iPod Touch 32gig.

Thanks!

-Marcus

2. Resist macrumors 68030

3. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

You can change the volume level in iTunes. raise it to what you want. I did that with a couple movies and it worked fine.

Attached Files:

• pic.jpg
      pic.jpg
      File size:
      60.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Resist macrumors 68030

Raising the volume in iTunes will do nothing for the sound level when playing the movie on your Touch.

5. msakey thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, raising the volume level did seem to do the trick. Great call! Thanks for the help.

6. Brian513A macrumors member

actually, i can confirm that this does work. i do it all the time with all of my music, and my videos. i raise the little volume bar in itunes and when i transfer those files to my ipod, the volume level is where it's at in itunes, so it remembers it somehow...

7. Resist macrumors 68030

Well I can't find this volume adjustment anywhere in iTunes 7.6.1.9.

8. db2431 macrumors regular

Im going to assume you are in the EU, so your touch is capped, Jailbreak it and you can uncap the volume, makes it MUCH louder.Also ditch the ipod headphones and get some in the ear canal headphones like the cx300 which are much louder, the combo of an uncapped ipod touch and cx300 is so much louder than before its a joke.

9. Brian513A macrumors member

Ummmm... Right click any song/video > Get Info > Options = Volume Adjustment Slider. . . TaDa! Call me crazy, but that's all there in my iTunes 7.6.1.9 and has been available ever since I started using iTunes years ago. Heh. :cool:

10. Resist macrumors 68030

I see it now thanks! I'm still learning iTunes, sorry.

11. Brian513A macrumors member

it's all good. glad i could be of some help. :)