Volume up button camera cable.

isprocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
New Haven,CT.
Is there anyone making a picture taking cable release button. The volume up button can be used to take a photo. I recon the volume up button on a ear bud can do the same thing. I looking for a short cable to plug into the ear phone connector that will take a photo. This would be very helpful when doing closeup work and touching the button on the phone might jiggle the camera. Even a DIY wire would interest me.

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
Headset will work. Why not pick up a cheap knock off set from amazon or somewhere, cut off the buds and left wire completely. I'd imagine that would be what you're looking for.

Comment

oneapplegeek

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Headset will work. Why not pick up a cheap knock off set from amazon or somewhere, cut off the buds and left wire completely. I'd imagine that would be what you're looking for.
It's cool! I didn't know the camera works with the earbud volume buttons! :D

Comment

isprocket

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
New Haven,CT.
Ok, thanks. That will work but that would still give me a long cable. What I would like is a cable just 8"-10" long. Working with a tripod to hold the phone steady I could have the button close by not hanging to the ground. I guess I could hack off a bit of cable and splice it to the size I want.

Comment

Mobile923

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.