Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I have an older Bose Cinemate which was working great with the Apple TV until a few days ago when it just stopped. Tried everything, ended up a complete reset of the Apple TV fixed it and now its mostly working.

My only issue is I can only click the volume up/down on notch at a time. I can’t hold the volume button up/down anymore. Is this something I am missing? A setting somewhere?

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
For Volume control, Apple remote works or it doesn't.

I suggest using a Universal Remote control to solve this issue. AppleTV can learn ANY remote. Keep the Apple remote around for voice commands with Siri (or use the remote app on an iDevice). If you don't use those, any other remote can do everything else.

If any of your existing remotes (perhaps they one that came with your TV) can control the Bose as you wish, see if it has an AUX mode and have the AppleTV learn that remote. Then you won't even have to spend anything.

My AppleTV remote is permanently parked, replaced with a learn and macro capable Universal Remote for the "one remote to rule them all" objective.

Reactions: jjk454ss

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I’ve gotten used to, and like, the Apple Remote. It was working for this before

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.