Volume with alarm clock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mhnkl, Nov 7, 2017.

1. mhnkl macrumors newbie

mhnkl

I use my iPhone as an alarm clock every morning. Last iPhone I had was the 7. Every night I turn the phone to mute, and raise the volume to three lines on volume before setting the alarm time. The volume is then perfect when the alarm rings.

But, now with new X I do the same. Silent mode/mute, set volume to three lines and set the alarm. When the alarm rings the sound is so loud I get scared every morning. My gf wanna throw the damn phone through the window

The volume works flawless all other times.

Have anyone else noticed this?

2. cblaxx19 macrumors newbie

I️ haven’t noticed this particular issue, more so the opposite. Ever since I️ updated to iOS 11, my alarm volume seems to be much lower even at full volume setting. I’ve also noticed that the screen lock sound is much quieter.

3. rex450se macrumors regular

I have noticed that just across the board my X is a lot louder than my 6S+ was. Just adjust accordingly and lower the volume.

4. Rejubilation macrumors newbie

Rejubilation

I have been having the same experience. I also keep my volume on the lower side, and find that it's ridiculously louder than before.

5. brar.arsh macrumors member

brar.arsh

hey guys, I have a different issue.. Since my 6s I use the Do not Disturb mode while night and allowing just calls.
    So right now with my X I dont get any sound on Alarm while on DND mode, can anyone else please check if they get any sound on DND mode with alarm?
    Mine only vibrates and I have missed my Gym today morning. :(

6. brar.arsh macrumors member

brar.arsh

7. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68030

MuGeN PoWeR

i noticed the same thing today with my wife's iPhone X. i got scared for a bit LOL

8. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

Settings-> Sounds & Haptics-> RINGER AND ALERTS Change With Buttons (toggle on)

otherwise, you're just changing the volume for things like music/videos.. with the above setting ON, you'll change the ringer volume with the side buttons.

9. brar.arsh macrumors member

brar.arsh

Thanks for this!!
    Can anyone please check this if it happens to you too? Will just take a minute!!

10. mhnkl thread starter macrumors newbie

mhnkl

Damn, I just saw this setting now just before I read your comment. Thank you!

11. Five_Oh macrumors regular

Five_Oh

Mine does not do this. I use DND every night and alarm has functioned correctly every morning...so far.

12. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I noticed this also. Thanks, I just adjusted my settings!

13. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I have the same issue and just saw a possible solution here. I'll report back tomorrow.