Vote for my iPhone 6 colour

Which Colour iPhone 6 Shoul I Get?

• Silver

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Gold

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • This poll is stupid. Close your eyes and point at one.

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
I know, I know. Everyone hates these "which colour should I pick" threads. However I am really having a hard time deciding so I figured I'd let random people on the internet choose for me. I am only asking for colour option!

I have already decided I want:
  • The iPhone 6 (not Plus)
  • The 64gb Model
  • Either Silver or Gold
  • NOT the Space Grey Version
I have compared both side by side many times and I now leave the decision in your (hopefully) capable hands, members of MacRumours.

Last edited:

myscrnnm

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I'd personally go for the gold (it's what I have). The silver on the iPhone 6 (and 5/5S before it for that matter) just looks like bare metal to me, and is a bit bland. On the other hand, the gold colour Apple used for the iPhone isn't like that tacky yellowish gold you find on the AK-47s of African warlords or a Lamborghini from Saudi Arabia. It's a nice, subdued champagne gold.

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Interesting. Gold and silver seems to be keeping a pretty even so far. I'm hoping this poll actually becomes decisive :p

I vote space grey, and that's it:D
Space grey certainly is nice, but I've always had iPhones with the black face and I wanted to try white this time around.

Scott1012

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
My first Gold iPhone...I didn't really have a choice on day one. They only had one 128GB 6+ left. Always had space grey but the change is nice and thrilled with the forced choice. So, Gold it is!

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Silver.

The gold looks tacky (to me) and the white lines on the gold back sick out in a cheap way. The silver looks much classier and the antenna lines blend in.

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Silver.

The gold looks tacky (to me) and the white lines on the gold back sick out in a cheap way. The silver looks much classier and the antenna lines blend in.
That's one of the reasons I like the silver. But I also like how the gold touch ID ring looks vs the silver ring. Gahhh, this is such a #FirstWorldProblem I kind of feel bad for complaining about it.