Vote: Maximise Window Shortcut and Minimise vs Hide

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ICEBreaker, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ICEBreaker macrumors 6502

Hi Leopard users,

I've read lots of threads and this question seems to come up a lot. First off, let's confirm, is there STILL no shortcut for the maximise button (green button) in Leopard?

If not, then I suppose I shall need to make my own shortcut through the System Preferences. Now the question I want to ask is: What's YOUR shortcut combination for maximise? Many people suggested a combination command-shift-z etc. Why Z? Since minimise is simply command-m, and hide is command-h, why is there no shortcut for maximise? And if you were to make your own one, why not chose something simple? command-x rather than command-shift-x. I also wish I could use a mouse shortcut, like "squeeze" for maximise, or that windows would "auto-maximise" - very useful for web browsing.

Secondly, while minimise and hide are different, I suppose people usually use one or the other. Which do you use? And does anyone use both regularly? I am thinking of making command-m to maximise, since I find hide to be more useful.

JC

2. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Why not try command+shift+m (command and capital M) for maximise.

Anyway i never use the green button, or the orange button so i don't need a shortcut for it.