Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color did you get/or want to get for the iPhone X and what gender are you?

• Male: Silver

Votes: 198 50.5%
  • Female: Silver

Votes: 40 10.2%
  • Female: Space Gray

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Male: Space Gray

Votes: 140 35.7%

• Total voters

Michael887

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Did you have any reasons behind the change besides the sake of change?

I guess I generally prefer a white phone more. My 5s, 6, & 6s all had white fronts. Then I saw the Jet Black 7+ and loved how sleek it looked. It has a completely “unified” look. But I’m ready to return to white now.

Plus I think white phones play better with apple’s cases. Black is just too black.

rantor49

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
I've always gotten black version because I don't like white fronts. This time both fronts are black and I think the pearl white look of the silver rocks. And that surgical stainless steel band...dang!

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Originally ordered a space grey but managed to call and change it to a silver one after seeing pics of them again. Just looks better with the chrome edging I think.

Did that cause your ship date to slip? When did you call? Was it a store pickup or a ship to address?

HuskerFan9194

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
Silver literally jus looks better this time. I always picked the black or grey models, but this is my first time switching. The form of the phone just looks like an iPhone 7 or something in the Space Grey. It doesn’t show the form of the phone Design well.

Male
I usually always get the black or with my 6S Plus it’s space grey and I really regretted not getting rose gold so I opted for something different!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Well I helped my husband order the space grey. If I was getting one I would have ordered white because I like the plain stainless steel band. Lol, I had bought a case with chrome edges for my 7 Plus to mimic the look but it just ended up looking stupid so I use a regular iPhone case. I’m a grumpy old woman.

HuskerFan9194

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
Did that cause your ship date to slip? When did you call? Was it a store pickup or a ship to address?
So in reading this comment I wanted to share what happened with me. I tried to from another post but found out I needed to sign up go figure I was on the phone with Verizon when they first started answering for pre-order on the X. Everything was going great until the time to accept the conditions, well because everyone else was trying to do the same it wasn’t going through, suggested to me to complete it in the morning. So first thing I did when I woke was to see if I could then accept the terms only to find out the rep processed my order wrong so my first order that I was shown to expect Nov. 3rd had to be cancelled and start over and now it shows Dec. 1st I’m so upset and disappointed and would love to wring this kids neck! Anyone else have issues like this?
[doublepost=1509327876][/doublepost]
Well I helped my husband order the space grey. If I was getting one I would have ordered white because I like the plain stainless steel band. Lol, I had bought a case with chrome edges for my 7 Plus to mimic the look but it just ended up looking stupid so I use a regular iPhone case. I’m a grumpy old woman.
That’s why I chose the silver. I read that it looks really shiny lol, so I think it will look classy with my case that I already received. Will have my screen protector tomorrow but thanks to Verizon screwing up my pre-order I will not be getting mine on the 3rd

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
So in reading this comment I wanted to share what happened with me. I tried to from another post but found out I needed to sign up go figure I was on the phone with Verizon when they first started answering for pre-order on the X. Everything was going great until the time to accept the conditions, well because everyone else was trying to do the same it wasn’t going through, suggested to me to complete it in the morning. So first thing I did when I woke was to see if I could then accept the terms only to find out the rep processed my order wrong so my first order that I was shown to expect Nov. 3rd had to be cancelled and start over and now it shows Dec. 1st I’m so upset and disappointed and would love to wring this kids neck! Anyone else have issues like this?

Apple has to cancel the order and you have to place a new order.

Last edited:

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
Silver Male

7zG67Jd.jpg

Love this.

I might just have to find a really sharp looking silver surfer wallpaper for my Silver X :)

Reactions: rmeadejr

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Silver was looking mighty sexy this year. Spade Grey looks good but it’s time to switch it up. ;):apple:

shooter03

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2013
Pakenham, Victoria,Australia

No delay in postage or anything it says it’ll still arrive on the 3rd to my house. I had to call them cause I had just updated my 7+ to a 8+ Early October and then sold that paid out the contract to get the X. They wanted to make sure I knew I had to pay out the 8+ and while I was on the phone I asked to change colour.

BluPrynt78

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2014
Colorado Springs
I wanted the space grey one, like really bad but I figured my chances would be better with the silver one. And plus I will have a silicone case on it so you won’t really be able to tell or see the color anyways :)

I got the SG but like you said, I’ll have a case anyways so color really didn’t matter.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Silver literally jus looks better this time. I always picked the black or grey models, but this is my first time switching. The form of the phone just looks like an iPhone 7 or something in the Space Grey. It doesn’t show the form of the phone Design well.

Male

Specially with the black front this time around, it’s a very classy look!

Last edited:
Reactions: KONVICTED

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
I’m a male. Not a fan of the chrome bands so I got the space gray. Also in case I do put a case, I prefer the black showing around the camera cut out then the silver.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
I'm female. I was set on space grey at first because I liked the all black look of my s8. But then I took a closer look at the space grey and it's not dark enough for me and it just looks washed with that added glass black.

So I decided to with silver. Also I wear a lot of transparent cases so I figure the cases would look better with the silver back.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
Both me and my wife went with Silver 64 GB. I prefer Gold, she Rose Gold. But both are comfortable with White/Silver. If the room is dark, a silver/white can be found, but a space gray phone may be hard to find.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.