VPN Network Mapping

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Kevax, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Kevax macrumors newbie

Kevax

Hi! I have a little problem regarding VPN tunneling. I have some clients that need to connect to their office network and reach it from home. I've made a VPN Connection to their network but It doesn't seem to work mapping to their shared maps on the server.

Like If I go to network in OSX I then want to be able to find the shared network maps there. Do anyone have a clue how this works?

I have tried the command + K thing and done SMB:// :roll eyes:

Ex. smb://srv001/gemensam

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Now are you using a company approved VPN client or are you trying to use the built in?

3. Kevax thread starter macrumors newbie

Kevax

Don't really know what you mean. But the VPN is setup on Windows Server 2012 R2. They have a server with VPN installed and sharing different maps to all the users in the domain when on the network locally. (with cable) But the thing is that the persons who use PC can easily just login with their domain name when at home and connect to the VPN and then reach the maps from the server.

On the Macs I can connect to the VPN with their login credentials but I can't reach the shared maps from the server. Hope I am not explaining this all to bad...

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

That's a problem in the server setup. As long as you can log into the server with your Domain account through the VPN you should have access to the same shares that you have access to when at the company's network. Talk this over with the other Mac users using the VPN and if they see the same problem.

5. Kevax thread starter macrumors newbie

Kevax

Ok! Thanks, then it must be something in the server setup then. I've tried on 3 different Mac computers but it's the same outcome on all devices.

6. Kevax thread starter macrumors newbie

Kevax

Problem Solved!

Ok! I found the problem ;) Thanks for the help! ;)

7. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

What was the problem you found and fixed? I ask because someone might have the same situation and your found fix might help them!

8. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Im guessing some sort of WINS issue resolving servername -> IP.