Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MartyBays

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2009
Does any one use hamachi or neorouter here? I'm new to vpn, but I'd like to this kind of software to access my office Vista from home , my new mac laptop. I just want to know if it works before I get started.

thanks in advance.

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I've used hamachi on Leopard. Haven't yet used it in snow leopard but plan to set it up this weekend.

You have to do a command line install and initial setup, but then you can use Hamachi Sidekick as a GUI to connect to your computers.

Works pretty well. I wish that Logmein would just make the Hamachi2 for OS X....even worse they've actually gone windows only on the LogMeIn Pro just after I downloaded installed and sent them crash logs of it...so not a good sign from them unfortunately.

I want to try neorouter, but haven't yet. Sounds pretty nice though. Another one to look at is Remobo...which I tried on Mac and Windws and it didn't work for me, but haven't tried it in a couple of months. .so maybe a more viable solution if they've done some updates.

HTH

Brian

Does any one use hamachi or neorouter here? I'm new to vpn, but I'd like to this kind of software to access my office Vista from home , my new mac laptop. I just want to know if it works before I get started.

thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.