VPN/Remote Desktop Client on iPodTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Derwood, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Derwood macrumors regular

Is it feasible that a remote desktop client, or similar, could be written for the iPodTouch that would allow for your desktop to be displayed on the device albeit in scaled down representation? The client could handle the display of your desktop in a similar fashion to the way that Safari currently handles frames within webpages.

Whaddayathink?

2. divabimbers macrumors member

I think there's already several options for this, well tow that come to my mind.

One's called RDM+ but I don't know much about it and think it costs.

The other one, which I like, is VNSea...great app, and it's progressed nicely. I highly recommend this since you can finally type and it sounds as though it will be updated again, adding more features and working out any bugs though I've yet to encounter any bugs but then again, I only use as need to.

Try both and see what you think of them though I will heartily recommend VNSea. You should be able to find it in Installer. Otherwise your best bet might be to wait until the SDK is released in February.

3. Derwood thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers...

...I'll take a proper look at VNSea.

Apologies also, I should have Googled it before posting here. Good to know that there's something out there.

In my mind, a really lightweight remote desktop client with a tight integration of all the multi-touch gestures could turn both of these devices into very usable mini-tablet computers.

Trés cool.