Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Hi all. Have just started a new job and I'm allowed to use my Macbook. They've given me details for a VPN but the PPTP is not an option that Mojave gives me. I also need to be able to enable PAP, CHAP and MS-ChapV2.
All I have in System Preferences is;
  • L2TP over IPSec
  • Cisco IPSec
  • IKEv2
Would any of these be suitable or do I need something extra. Can you guys recommend a good one. Free or paid is good, I'll consider both. Thanks.

My next step after that is to get onto a Windows network to use their shares.....

Thanks.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi all. Have just started a new job and I'm allowed to use my Macbook. They've given me details for a VPN but the PPTP is not an option that Mojave gives me. I also need to be able to enable PAP, CHAP and MS-ChapV2.
All I have in System Preferences is;
  • L2TP over IPSec
  • Cisco IPSec
  • IKEv2
Would any of these be suitable or do I need something extra. Can you guys recommend a good one. Free or paid is good, I'll consider both. Thanks.

My next step after that is to get onto a Windows network to use their shares.....

Thanks.
PPTP isn't considered a secure VPN protocol any more, which is why Apple removed support. Is that what your employer is using?

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
PPTP isn't considered a secure VPN protocol any more, which is why Apple removed support. Is that what your employer is using?
Oh, I never knew that. Yes they are unfortunately, I can suggest but don't think they will change.
[doublepost=1548161663][/doublepost]
I use Cisco AnyConnect, but I haven't upgraded to Mojave, still on High Sierra
I'll check that out and see what the deal is, thanks. EDIT;
Just been on the Cisco site and it says.......AnyConnect 4.6 is available to customers with active AnyConnect Apex, Plus or VPN Only term/contracts.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Answered my own question after some more digging. I've opted for PrimoVPN.
Thankyou all for your input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.