VRO converter for mac

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JamesDV, Feb 14, 2009.

1. JamesDV macrumors newbie

Does anybody know of a freeware VRO to any well recognized file (eg. mp4 avi etc.) that converts from VRO to a file that's recognized by Final Cut Express 4.0 and you can select the frame rate?

2. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

You *may* have to use a friends PC.
    http://forums.dvdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=34042

"If it's the *.VRO files created by a Panasonic dvd/hdd recorder then I had some fun and games with these. If it's a single programme then just renaming to *.mpg works fine. With multiple programmes within the same vro file then I get sync problems with anything after the 1st programme (tried Womble and Tmpgenc). I've heard elsewhere that the Panasonic program mentioned above works fine though. I don't use vro for multiple programmes that I want to transfer to the computer anymore..too much hassle!"

3. JamesDV thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved!

What you do, is put it through mpeg streamclip (squared5.com a freeware converter) select convert to mpeg, then put it through handbrake (also freeware) and select the output as mp4 !
    Works perfectly!:)

4. alexs77 macrumors newbie

But mpeg streamclip isn't of much help, if there are multiple "programmes" (or, in my case, recordings from a Panasonic VDR-D200 video cam) in the VRO file, does it? That's an honest question, as I'm new to the Mac and haven't tried converting the files from the cam before.

Thanks a lot,
    Alexander