Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I'm a relative newbie so not sure how Core Audio works or anything. Is there a plugin of some sort which allows VST FX to be applied to iTunes output?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Hello, I liked the aforementioned options is there some small and light. I only want to play one VST output through system audio, anything changed in three years?

salientstimulus

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
I'm a relative newbie so not sure how Core Audio works or anything. Is there a plugin of some sort which allows VST FX to be applied to iTunes output?

Alright, I'm curious -- what exactly do you want to pump your tunes through? Compression? Three ring-mods in series?:)

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Alright, I'm curious -- what exactly do you want to pump your tunes through? Compression? Three ring-mods in series?:)

Interested too - it's not a good idea to listen to music through VST fx. IF you want a little 'glitz' you could turn on itunes sound enhancer instead? Could be an interesting experiment but you can do it though logic if you wish.

I don't know of any software that will wrap vst FX through the system output.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.