VTDecoderXPCService & iTunes. CPU Hits The Roof!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrCAMPO, Oct 29, 2012.

1. mrCAMPO macrumors newbie

2010 MBP. 2.66 i7. Recently upgraded to 8GB Memory + 128GB SSD for Apps/OS and 750GB HDD for Media. ML OSX.

VTDecoderXPCService is giving me the SBBOD, and mind you this ONLY occurs when I'm updating metadata for Movies/TV Shows ON iTunes, specifically after adding cover artwork then hitting "OK". BOOM, SBBOD rears its head. Takes 20 or so seconds to disappear again.

I'm sure this sandboxing service is important, but SBBOD only occurs as per above. Is there a known fix for this? CPU just hits the roof on Activity Monitor so this is definitely the culprit.

I've seen others that have this service issue, but mine seems isolated to iTunes when adding metadata/artwork. Any advice is appreciated.

-Michael

2. mrCAMPO thread starter macrumors newbie

If I could further add to my OP, does anyone not experience the SBBOD whilst updating cover artwork to their movies/tv shows etc on iTunes?

Just tested some more now, and every single file I update just hangs for at least 7 or more seconds.

Sigh.. A clean install of ML, 8GB of Corsair ram, Samsung 830 SSD, WD Scorpio 750GB so this is concerning.