Vuo: An easy way to create your own live interactive media applications!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jmcc, Dec 26, 2014.

1. jmcc macrumors newbie

jmcc

We’ve launched Vuo 1.0 with a free-trial version. Just drag, drop and connect building blocks to make your own animations, graphics, sounds, apps and more. Vuo is designed to support your creative vision as a VJ, digital artist, media producer, or hobbyist.

Vuo comes with many built-in features:

• Syphon, MIDI, OSC, Art-Net (Vuo Pro), Leap Motion, Kinect
    • Realtime GPU-based image and 3D object filters
    • Live coding support for changing multimedia effects "on the fly"
    • Real-time audio analysis
    • Automatic multi-threading and compiled code for speed and efficiency
    • Modern shader-based OpenGL implementation
    • 3D scenes with real hierarchical transformations, spotlights, and 3D perspective and orthographic cameras
    • Support for 64 bits-per-pixel images, for HDR image processing and extra-smooth image feedback
    • A first-class API, so others can add to it
    • Exporting stand-alone Mac apps

Vuo costs $49. Vuo Pro costs $149, and adds support for Art-Net, stereoscopic rendering, and warp mesh projection.

[​IMG]

We're a small company based in Athens, Ohio. So we'd appreciate it if you could help spread the word. Of course, we'd love to hear what you think. Post a comment, or e-mail us at info@vuo.org.

Thanks for listening!
    Jean Marie, Team Vuo

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Nice! Will have a play with it maybe later tonight. What 3D formats does it support? typical .obj?

3. jmcc thread starter macrumors newbie

jmcc

>What 3D formats does it support? typical .obj?

Jessica,

It supports files with extension .3ds, .dae, .dxf, .lwo, .lxo, .ac3d, .ms3d, .cob, .scn, .xml, .irr, .irrmesh, .mdl, .md2, .md3, .pk3, .mdc, .md5, .m3, .smd, .ter, .raw, .b3d, .q3d, .q3s, .nff, .off, .3dgs, .hmp, and .ndo.

Have fun!
    Jean Marie

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Thanks, my modeler supports .dae, so that's fine. Pretty good so far, just reading the manual and doing the examples. My only concern at this point is that it's pretty laggy when I add nodes into the stage. The boxes are cut off until I click on them.

5. smokris macrumors newbie

smokris

Thanks for trying out Vuo!

By the way, Vuo also supports loading .obj files (we'd accidentally left that out of the documentation).

Since Vuo produces compiled apps, it takes a little while to recompile your composition when you make changes. We're working hard to speed this up in the upcoming releases.

Do you mean, when you click on a port to show its popover, and the port is near the bottom or right edge of the window, the popover is cut off until you click on it (which turns it into its own window)? Fixing that is on our to-do list, too.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Thanks for clarifying that.

I was going to screenshot the problem, but it seems to have stopped. What happened is that when you added a node, the title would show up, but then not the list of options. Wasn't happening to begin with, but once I got my cube and shader rendering to the window.

7. smokris macrumors newbie

smokris

Wow, that's odd; I haven't seen that happen before. When it happens again, if you could send us a screen recording (using QuickTime Player or ScreenFlow or something; email to info@vuo.org), that should help us get it fixed. Thanks!