Vuze, Handbrake, and AppleTV2

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Mr. Incredible, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

Does anyone here use the combination of the 3 mentioned in the title?

My friend told me about Vuze, so I'm using it to download some movies. After downloading the content, can I use Handbrake to be able to play the movie on iTunes, so that way I can sync it to either my iPhone, iPad, or AppleTV?

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I guess it depends on what the format the movies are in when they download. I have yet to run into something Hanbrake cannot encode for the ATV

3. alex.sebenski macrumors member

alex.sebenski

You can actually use Vuze to transcode the files instead of Handbrake. This is a beta function that needs to be turned on, but it works great.

4. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Or you can just download movies that don't need to be re-encoded :rolleyes:

5. F-six macrumors member

I use Transmission, Handbrake and ATV2. I like Transmission better than Vuze, because it is somewhat simpler.

6. ksgant macrumors 6502a

ksgant

Transmission > ivi pro > iTunes to play over ATV2.

I like ivi pro (on the App Store for like $10 bucks I think) because I can set it up and it does everything automatically. So it just sits there and watches a folder while Transmission is downloading (for one, Transmission as it's downloading a file names it something different than it's final *.avi or *.wmv or whatever), so when it's finished downloading it goes right into a conversion que with ivi pro. After conversion it's automatically placed in iTunes so I can see it on ATV2.

7. McFunkerson macrumors newbie

I use a program called Automatic to watch RSS feeds, that feeds files to Transmission, which then feeds files to Magic Media Marker (my own app, also on the app store, similar to iVI Pro, but $6.99") when then feeds videos to iTunes ready for the AppleTV.

Zero user interaction needed like a DVR.

8. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I have used all 3 and they are great together

i use handbrake to copy my DVD's over

I use Vuze mainly to convert tutorial videos from magazine DVD, find the movie on disc, drag it to the itunes section in Vuze and select Apple TV, works great

could probably do it all with handbrake, but Vuze seemed easier as it auto add into iTunes, one of the plusses of using Vuze to convert