Vuze Sucks!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speedemonV12, Jul 21, 2008.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

since the new update, it no longer allows you to choose files when you add a torrent.... wtf ... is this some feature that i have to turn on now?

2. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

You can always use a copied link to the torrent then the Open Torrents option Add URL or Add from Clipboard to get the ability choose the files you want to download.

3. todd2fst4u macrumors regular

i recently came to the same conclusion, vuze sucks.
    so i switched to transmission and haven't looked back since

4. absurdio macrumors 6502

I'm gonna go ahead and jump in on this one, too.

Damn, Vuze sucks. ...you'd think something with that many damned preference panes could be configured into something that didn't suck so much.

5. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

Vuze sucks!!!!!! I was using it today tryin to download some phish and it was taking FOREVER to load anything!! I kept on having to restert the app over and over again. Not only that, but it was hogging my internet too. I deleted it jsut now and never plan on using it again. Right now im using utorrent. god vuze SUCKS!

6. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Does anyone know how to block IP's in Vuze? Like PG, but for Vuze, because PG is waaaay to intrusive.

7. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

Vuze does suck, but you can disable it and use the regular Azureus setup.

Go into your preferences, and select mode, then choose Advanced under the user proficiency category, and hooray! You have a functional torrent application again.

Also, I recommend using BitTyrant. It's a modification of Azureus that improves performance and such.

8. ray_uk macrumors member

Vuze sucks

Yip, it sure does, and it seems to do so more and more with each revision.

Might be a good time to switch over to uTorrent.

:D

9. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

I hate the Vuze UI too but for some reason it always seems to outperform Transmission in big downloads (ones with thousands of peers). Vuze just seems to connect to many more peers than Transmission. Which sucks cause I love Transmission and its UI.

10. muitommy macrumors newbie

the main reason is DHT is not implemented in Transmission, which Vuze does. By the way, you could always switch to utorrent if you want, fast and light weight.

11. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

Yes Vuze sucks, but as of today it's the only Mac torrent client with RSS support.

12. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

I also agree - it sucks.

I too switched to Transmission.

13. Chim3ra macrumors member

Chim3ra

how's transmission? vuze does suck pretty hard... what other alternatives out there...?

14. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

Transmission works just fine for me. It is simple and straightforward, and gets the job done without all of the annoying stuff that went along with Vuze.

I know many people love uTorrent, too. I've not tried that one myself yet.

15. akbc macrumors 6502

Long time uTorrent user on the Windows side...

Then I heard the news about uTorrent for Mac OS X Beta...

From then on, transmission has been long gone from my mac :D

16. n0d3 macrumors regular

I beg to differ though. I use Vuze but turn off the UI to get me back to the Azureus classic UI.

Speeds are fantastic, I can easily max out my 10Mbps internet connection on a single torrent.

17. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

That's about all Vuze has going for it is it's performance, however, I've been using uTorrent lately and it's working just as good as Vuze but with a much nicer and cleaner UI.

18. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Do you get the option to choose where the torrent files as stored now and is the bug gone where if you delete the torrent file the data goes with it?

19. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

Yes you can choose where you want the files to download (mine go to the desktop).

And that bug that you listed isn't present anymore. I was deleting .torrent files today while they were downloading and nothing happened... The file continued to download.

20. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Hmm may have to give it a try again then, thanks.

21. boer macrumors regular

I did the very same last week. I was a happy Azureus user for some two years but could not care less of this "Vuze platform".

Transmission is nice and simple, but from my observations its data performance does not match Vuze. In other words, it appears to download much slower. Can anyone confirm this?

22. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

I've heard people say that.

I too used to use Azureus (before all of this Vuze crap) BUT, my internet connection is a bit on the slow side so I haven't noticed a difference, and in fact Transmission might be just a smidge faster for me.

23. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Yes it is that way for me as well plus it always finds/connects to less peers.