Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

palckofv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
I searched for an answer to this on a lot of different sites. I am running osx 10.5.7. I can't get devices to turn on in Vuze. When I click turn on a window pops up to tell you what it is and asks if I want to integrate with iTunes etc. I click yes and then a progress bar comes up and it says Vuze Transcoder but nothing happens in the progress bar. I left it on for two hours last night and no progress. My ps3 shows up under the devices tab but it just won't turn on. Is there a sharing setting in system prefs that I need to change or something else like that? My friend has gotten this to work but he is running a pc. Maybe it doesn't work with mac. But it says nothing about that on the website. Can someone please help me? Thanks a lot.

palckofv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
yes I did. But now that I've got it on I can't get anything to convert. Here is a post from the vuze help forums. just follow these instructions and download both files.

Same thing happened to me! :p
make sure UAC is turned off, or if you don't know how to do that make sure VUZE is off and then right click on the icon and select "Run As Administrator" that will bypass UAC....
also i had problems downloading it so what I did was manully download Itunes integradtion and transcoder.

go to tools>plugins>install wizard.
then selecting the itunes and transcoder...next....next...next... all the way untill they are sitting trying to download in vuze.
stop the downloads even though they are not moving.
download both files:
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugins/azitunes-win32_0.2.3.zip
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugins/vuzexcode-win32_0.2.6.zip

save them to:
C:\Users\ "You User Name" \AppData\Local\Temp
You will have to overwrite them.

then go back into vuze and do a force recheck...

close the installer and start over again,
go to tools>plugins>install wizard.
then selecting the itunes and transcoder...next....next...next... all the way
and it should bypass downloading...
:p

Edited by: joshrahn1 at alextech dot edu on Jun 3, 2009 9:33 PM

palckofv

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
no problem. it is pretty cool. I love the feature. i think they added support for psp recently too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.