Vuze

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by 3bs, Sep 26, 2011.

1. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Is there a way to make it so that I can press the close button on vuze and have it not shutdown? The only way to do that that I can find is to turn on the status bar icon but I would rather not have the status bar icon. I know I can minimize but I want a way to just close the window and keep it open without having the status bar icon. Anyone?

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

If it's not in the preferences then it's not possible. The application determines this behavior, not the OS.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Which version of Vuze are you running, I am using a Beta (auto found I think in check for updates) which fixed issues in Lion

If I click the Red Circle on the top corner, it still stays running

Not in front of it at the moment, but can check the version number later if you want

4. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I'm running 4.7.0.0. Is the beta you're using stable?

5. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

The Beta I was on is perfectly stable

It has just auto downloaded 4.7 though (was on 4.6) so hope I don't have problems now

6. 3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

Well there's the problem I mentioned in my OP. And I also noticed that when I run Vuze my inactive ram keeps going up or at least I think it's because of Vuze

7. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I have had the new version running since my last post (about 6pm last night), currently Vuze issuing 148MB of RAM

Inactive seems ok, on about 169

8. 3bs, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

3bs thread starter macrumors 603

3bs

I'm not sure what to do. When I open the exact same torrent with Vuze and utorrent it's A LOT faster with vuze.. but inactive ram goes up so fast and I keep purging. I'll get about 2mbps on Vuze while getting about 300kbps on utorrent for the same torrent (not running at the same time). I just tried Transmission and the download speed fluctuates from 300kbps-1mbps so Vuze is still the fastest for some reason