VX Revolution mouse problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kungfo, Jul 4, 2009.

1. kungfo macrumors newbie

Hi, I have a problem with my mouse (vx revolution) and LCC (logitech Control Center). Creating/changing a settings for an application ( like sketchup, firefox etc) doesnt work, the mouse still uses the "global settings" and not the settings ive defined for the application.

im running os 10.5.7 and the lates LCC (2.7) which i dowloaded today from logitechs home page. Ive been using the mouse with my pc (vista) without any problems. The drivers auto detects the active application and uses the right profile/settings, i assume this is the way it should work on mac as well.

i havent used mac for some time so im a bit lost. Please help me out:)

2. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

A search of the forums will reveal several things, one of them being that the LCC drivers for OSX from Logitech are a big headache.

3. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Unfortunately, the only good way to do this is with SteerMouse, which costs $20.

If anyone knows of a free alternative i'd love to hear of it.

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

OTOH, once you pay for SteerMouse, it will work for all of the mice on your compy.

5. kungfo thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for ur help. Can SteerMouse assign different funktions to buttons in different applications?

6. kungfo thread starter macrumors newbie

it seems like it will. I will try steermouse. thanks a lot:)

7. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

Yeah. I have a mx518 and i can assign all 8 buttons completely different functions in any app.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can also adjust dpi and tracking speed, scroll wheel, scroll wheel tilt... pretty much everything. Its a shame logitech's app sucks.

8. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

I gave up on Logitech mice. Now use Kensington's.

9. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

That's a productive reply. :rolleyes: Did you notice that the single biggest contingent of people who are happy with their mice in the "Which mouse do you use" thread were Logitech VX/MX Revolution owners?

10. kungfo thread starter macrumors newbie

steermouse works like a charm. just one small complain, i cant find settings for pointer acceleration.

11. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Under the tab marked Cursor, there are two sliders. One is marked Sensitivity and the other is marked Speed.

I forget which one is which, but one of those is an Acceleration setting. I always get myself confused because it's always the opposite of what I think. :eek:

If you have a VX Revo, there's a LOT of stuff you can do with Steermouse.

12. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

QFT, I have the VX Revo and its great. I cant live with a mouse without the front/back buttons now... Steermouse is good :D