VZN to ATT at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cdheiden, Sep 15, 2008.

1. cdheiden macrumors newbie

Hey. I am already a 3G owner, but my girlfriend is about to just on the wagon and get one as well. I have a couple questions about best buy since she wants to get her reward points.

1) Can best buy port the number from VZN to ATT?

2) We are just going to go on a family plan together, can I leave my family plan I am on now with my family and join hers? How does this work?

Thanks!

2. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

it would be a lot safer to go to at&t to take care of all of that. I certainly wouldnt trust the porting of my number in the hands of some best buy employee

3. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Would you trust an apple store employee? If so you can trust a BB employee too - BB employees have done mobile for years including porting...longer than apple employees have ;)

4. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

This man has questions about plans that i dont think an apple employee or a BB employee could answer

5. snook911 macrumors 6502a

6. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Yes they can much like Apple Store can

As Judge Judy would say if you aren't married you shouldn't be getting anything jointly :)

In order to get the subsidy you must be creating a new account with ATT. Because you signed a 2 year contract with ATT I'd wager you are stuck on your family plan. Your girlfriend can:

Get a new accounts in her own name(Judge Judy approved and you get the subsidy)

Both get iphones at the same time on a family talk plan with her line as primary and one person being the primary (responsible) account holder. She'd need to create her account first by buying the phone and add your line

I'm not sure if you can do the latter...as someone said best to contact ATT however let me give you some free advice: Getting something jointly when you aren't married is just plain asking for trouble so stay where you are and let her handle her own affairs...

7. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Take her ID and Verizon account number to Best Buy and you're golden. I personally would want the Best Buy Rewards as well.....

8. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I just upgraded my classic t o3G at Best Buy and they did just fine. In fact when they called AT&T to validate the upgrade, it was the AT&T idgit that didn't understand and had her do some extra stuff to get my 3G up. The Reward Zone is great and now means I get to get something else down the road...Apple Store does not have that and neither does AT&T.

I think there are certain "fan boy" individuals in these forums that despise Best Buy because they also sell windows machines and they just can't get over themselves if it isn't all "Apple". They are really tunnel visioned here so get used to it.

Best Buy is a good place. Apple Store is a good place. Apple products are good products and Windows machines are good products. People just need to open their minds and get over themselves. It is up to the user, not a poster in a forum that has nothing better to do.

9. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

1) Yes, since it is an FCC data base that it is dealt with.

2) Yes, it can be done, although they may want to charge a ETF for leaving the other contract. I would suggest doing this part either over the phone with at&t or at an at&t store.

TEG