Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tangent7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
So I stopped by Verizon and they had the iPhone 6 in stock, but wouldn't let me use my moms upgrade on my acct.. Is this normal? I know I've done this in the past. They said I could try later, but they wanted to save the new phones for people that are eligible.

polysaturate

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2009
Ran into the same issue this morning. They said they don't do it today or on black friday. They also gave me the run around about canceling a preorder. So, I just walked out. Whatever.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Solution: Buy the upgrade for your mom's line and then once you get the phone, get it activated on your line!

tangent7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
It lets me transfer my upgrade online, but it doesn't ship until 10/17... That sucks lol. Maybe I can get my mom to go upgrade, then I'll just take them both in tomorrow and tell them to swap?

ronm99

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
It lets me transfer my upgrade online, but it doesn't ship until 10/17... That sucks lol. Maybe I can get my mom to go upgrade, then I'll just take them both in tomorrow and tell them to swap?

I think that all you need to do with Verizon phones is to swap SIM cards. You wouldn't need to get Verizon employees to do this. I did this with my wife's upgrade last year. Your Mom would need to visit the shop to buy the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.