VZW Apple Watch not sure if activated

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JerTheGeek, Sep 22, 2017.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

So I have my Series 3 Watch from Verizon. It seemed to activate but I noticed a message at the end of Verizon setup, saying something along the lines of we’ll let you know when it is activated. I turned my phone completely off and was able to make a phone call on the Watch, but i think this was over my home WiFi. I haven’t been able to go away from both my phone and WiFi, and the cellular data indicator in control center on the Watch is white not green. Can anyone tell me how I can figure out if my cellular is activated ?

2. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

On my phone - I went to watch - then looked under cellular - it says cellular plan - verizon and has an amount for cellular data used. And on the watch itself, when I go to the control center screen (where airplane mode etc is)-cellular is highlighted in white

3. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Same here. It has an amount used and is also highlighted in white in CC. I guess that means it is indeed activated then.

4. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

Go to Settings on your watch.
    Go to Cellular.
    PLAN should say Verizon.
    STATUS should say Connected after few seconds.

This was done while I was connected on wifi. So it should say Connected even when you are on wifi.

5. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

That is a much easier and direct way of checking. When mine just dropped - there was a red x at the top of the screen

6. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I don’t see STATUS at all.

7. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

8. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Swipe up from the bottom of the watch face to open Control Center, tap [​IMG], then turn Cellular off or on. The Cellular button turns green when Apple Watch has a cellular connection. You can also turn off Wi-Fi on the watch to force a cellular connection.

Dave

9. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

how do you turn wifi off? I cannot find the button..

10. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Edit: I see it. Lol I was looking on the Watch app on to iPhone not in the Watch. Says I’m connected!

11. dave006 Contributor

dave006

You use the Airplane mode in the Control panel on the Watch. It turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Dave
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2017 ---
    If the LTE indicator is White that means it is configured but not in active use. As I mentioned above the LTE indicator will be Green when the LTE connection is configured and active.

Dave

12. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

If you turn on the airplane mode, you cannot turn on the LTE either