VZW "delivery by 9/19" email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iusername20, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Iusername20 macrumors regular

For those who got the confirmation email with a 9/19 delivery date, how confident are you we will get it on launch day?

2. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Oh god, man you'll get it on launch day, if not, a day or two after. Good grief.....

3. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

You will get it on launch day.

4. Frost17 macrumors regular

I feel like documents that are sent out are accurate at this point. I'm feeling optimistic about it.

5. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

We will. I've always gotten mine on launch. This is a major release, probably the biggest technology product of the year. We will all get it by 9/19, and if we don't, it'll be due to some shipping incident with Fedex/UPS.

6. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

At this point, if i think my billing info and card information does not match, should I be worried? Or is it already "OK"?

7. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Not gonna lie, thats probably not a good thing...

8. 3squirrels macrumors newbie

If you didn't do anything stupid like ship to an address not associated with your credit card, you'll get it on release day - just like all other iPhone releases prior.

Oops, that's what you did.

9. darkflounder macrumors regular

darkflounder

I got the conf email for 9/19, but my card hasn't been charged yet.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

10. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Your billing address has to match your account. As long as when you put in your CC all the information on that page was correct (CC number, CCV, expir date) you should be good to go. I have consistenlty ordered under my dad's name (the account holder) with my CC and have never had a problem. This is going on 5 preorders.

11. davefromca macrumors 6502

The hardest thing for me is I cant really leave work to wait for the phone and I remember in 2012 that fedex would not hold the phone for you and they would not change delivery. I really dont want to try and pick it up at the apple store...

12. Iusername20 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you sir!

13. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

You will most likely see a $1.00 hold. Your card will not be charged till your shipping label is created, usually 1-3 days before the arrival date. Now is a good time to call your bank and warn them about an upcoming charge so they don't mark it as fraud and delay your order.

14. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

You can use any shipping carriers website and presign, pick a specific delivery time, easiest thing to do, Just sign up, confirm your address and you'll be able to control when how and where ALL your packages can be delivered.

15. davefromca macrumors 6502

Ya thats what im hoping, really I wish they would use UPS because they know where my office is and you can change the delivery address. I remember last time I was able to work from home and the Fedex guy came at the end of the day, hes like "yeesh ive delivered like 1000 of these today."

16. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I got mine 2 hours late cause of so much traffic so I hope it's accurate :(