VZW - FedEX - Overnight Shipping - Tomorrow Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmo1116, Feb 3, 2011.

1. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Many VZ orderers have received the shipment confirmation email. Do you think it's possible overnight shipping by 3PM could happen?

2. irDigital0l Guest

Well so far those that have UPS have said tomorrow but Fedex people have said no.

3. tweety21, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

tweety21 macrumors newbie

Anything is POSSIBLE, however the FEDEX page has issued this winter storm update.

Winter Storm Service Update
    The severe winter weather system that has brought heavy snow and blizzard conditions across much of the U.S. continues to affect FedEx operations. Unavoidable service delays should be expected due to local road conditions and in areas that have issued a state of emergency. FedEx is committed to providing service to the best of our ability in areas that can be safely accessed and where conditions have improved. We will continue to monitor the situation to minimize the impact on service. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.

FedEx Express®
    All FedEx Express stations are operating today; however, due to local road conditions service delays are likely in some areas.

FedEx Ground®
    Service delays should be expected throughout the following states: Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont and Wisconsin.

4. mlad1101 macrumors regular

I am sure that apple/vzw have put a "hold until" or "deliver on" date, that ups/fed ex will be holding them for delivery on. With that many going out I'm sure a couple will make it a little early.

5. MauiGideon, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011

MauiGideon macrumors regular

Makes no sense for this pre-order if the iPhones don't arrive earlier than the next batch. On VZW's site they say they are allowing you to order the iPhone online on Feb 9th at 3:01 EST again.

Logically there would be no point to this Feb 3rd Pre-Order if they did that, because those buying it on the 9th would most likely get it on the 10th.

One reason I could think of is VZW was trying to relieve the stress its servers would take by splitting release dates.

Heres to hoping to get the iphone tomorrow or saturday!

6. Vihzel macrumors 6502

It would be nice to receive our iPhones early as a special "Thank You" for being loyal customers to Verizon and waiting for the iPhone.

7. Reaper0bot0 macrumors regular

I'm curious to see how fast this happens. Can't wait, really.

8. elbaseball212 macrumors newbie

i think we will get it saturday at the earliest. Tomorrow seems impossible if it was only shipped tonight and not even confirmed by UPS or FEDEX yet

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

For the iPhone 4 launch Apple relaxed a bit and let some deliver early. I got mine a full day ahead of the official launch and so did a lot of others on MR.

10. jmo1116 thread starter macrumors regular

I know we are playing the waiting game but I just wish VZ would be more specific than "Your order has shipped" in the email. Most likely just means it has gone from the factory to FedEX..

11. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I'm betting that we'll see at least some (if not most) of the pre-orders arriving tomorrow or Saturday. The only reason I think this may not happen is because of the weather. But it doesn't sound like there are any holds on the shipments.

12. iFitz macrumors regular

Not true. This time around there is no hold date. It says "on or before 2/10" and Verizon has confirmed delivery in 1-2 business days from today, IF it was shipped today.

13. iFitz macrumors regular

It's business days, so Saturday does not count. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, it will arrive Monday.

Thank god I live in Los Angeles. No weather delays here.

14. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

I really think we have the absolute best chance of getting our phones first :D

15. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

FedEX delivers to my home all the time on Saturday here in L.A. Like ALL the time and I'm talking regular old normal ground, residential parcels.

That said, I ordered via Apple at 12:04 PST last night/this morning, and mine has shown "Prepared for shipment. Delivery by Feb 10th" all day today.

Would really love to see all of us get our phones in a day or two but, I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. If we do great. If we don't, I would expect to see them on the 9th. I guess my point is don't get too sold on the idea that even though they may be on their way, that they won't be held until next week.

Before anyone gets all ruffled by me saying that, I just think that Apple is not going to have it. Verizon opened 15 minutes earlier than Apple to pre-sell, and is now shipping them out earlier. That seems weird to me. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would think Verizon is intentionally trying to cut direct sales from Apple and capitalize on impatient people for things like $50 more on retail- I'm not sure how that would go over.

The flipside is if the VZW orders DO arrive in a day or two, then I would expect all the pre-orders from Apple to arrive soon too.

16. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

Either tomorrow or Monday that is extremely quick.

Hope some people start getting them soon!

17. trizzil macrumors regular

trizzil

mine is scheduled to arrive on monday.. SF, Cali

18. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

I got a shipped confirmation email this morning at 5 am and mine was shipped via ups? anyway it is out for delivery by 3 pm today.

19. jeff3221 macrumors regular

I got a shipment confirmation from UPS too. It is coming out of PA, so I am not sure if it will be arriving today, but does anyone know if UPS requires a signature?

20. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

I sure hope so..I see that it has a departure scan in Ontario. either way it will be nice to come home and see a package. :)

21. bgish3 macrumors newbie

thats what she said

22. jeff3221 macrumors regular

I just checked again, and UPS says signature required

23. Jennip macrumors member

Mine is arriving via Fedex on Monday. Fedex stinks!!! UPS always delivers quicker in my area.

24. twinsmom macrumors newbie

Cancelled order

Anyone else receive an email stating the order was cancelled? I called and they are working on it, but haven't hear anything yet. I am NOT going to be happy if the order was cancelled.:mad::mad::mad:

25. jolawson macrumors member

Mine says it will be shipped by 3PM on Monday. Sucks...but at least its sooner than we initially thought. Now I just have to leave a note coercing the FedEx driver to leave the package at the door, bc I will not be home.