Carrier VZW iPhone 6 LTE Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jumpie, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with iOS 8 or not, but on my i6, when it seems to not be able to hold an LTE signal on VZW in weaker areas than before. And, when it switches over to 3G, it takes forever to switch back to LTE. I'm not sure if it's the phone of iOS8. On my 5S, the switchover was quick and painless.

2. mjcnortheast macrumors newbie

Mine also

My iPhone 6 has the same problem with dropping back to 3G in weak LTE areas that my iPad Air and iPhone 5 have no trouble with. I ran it by the local Verizon store and of course the phone worked fine in the store where there is a stronger signal. I had them take note of it in my account just in case I elect to get a replacement phone later. The tech I talked to said that they had not heard of anyone else having the issue but that often issues found early on end up being fixed by software updates from Apple soon after release.

Note that if you elect to use LTE for voice calls, the tendency to drop back to 3G in weak LTE coverage will also cause you to drop VoLTE calls.