Vzw iPhone: Concerning thought Re ordering through Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MedicSteve09, Jan 28, 2011.

1. MedicSteve09 macrumors newbie

Like many vzw customers, I am eagerly awaiting the 3rd. I have been saving my upgrade and NE2 in hopes the day will come. When vzw announced it, I immediately told the wife (read:bargained) that this was one of my "me" purchases this year and moved an extra $300 into my savings so I'd have the funds.

Also, like many others, i worry about the supply for preorders. I intend to use vzw site so I make sure I can apply my NE2 credit but plan on falling back on ordering through Apple as a backup option incase of vzw issues.

Now my concern is this: Apple's website would have to access vzw to verify existing customer eligibility for preorder. If vzw's site is flooded by people ordering through vzw and screech to a halt, then wouldn't that create headaches for people attempting to order through Apple....Apple's ordering site wouldn't be able to tie in to the vzw server to verify eligibility.

Perhaps I'm just being pessimistic and am expecting worst case scenario. It has been a while since I've been this excited about a product launch.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Your same concerns were what actually happened back in June 2010 when pre-orders went live at (around 3am) for the iPhone 4 for AT&T.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...er_systems_struggle_with_iphone_4_demand.html

Their is no way to say what will actually happen when pre-orders go live on the 3rd for the iPhone 4 on Verizon, but if you want some re-assurance, the CEO believes everything will be OK
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ws_on_the_execution_of_the_iphone_launch.html

3. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

From what I heard, the NE2 will not apply for the iPhone.

I'm eligible for an upgrade also (it will be 2 years this April), and if I got a droid, I would've gotten a $30(?) discount on the price, but since I'm getting the iPhone, I don't think it applies.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

4. MedicSteve09, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

MedicSteve09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Verizon stated that those who currently have a NE2 credit available will be able to apply it toward the purchase of the iPhone. I've had my credit ($50) and upgrade available since nov. I don't remember when they are terminating the NE2 program (isn't it this month?) but I think you have to already have it available to you prior to the launch of the iphone to use it.

Official FAQ http://support.vzw.com/faqs/iphone/iphone_faq.html

5. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

May not be available to all agent locations, what does that mean?

I have like $30 credit, so if it can go towards my iPhone, that would be amazing.

6. MedicSteve09 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm guessing the "May not be available at all agent locations" remark probably applies to some of the little shops/kiosks. For instance, in my town is a car rental business that also sells verizon service with a *huge selection* phones....something along the line of 3-4 phones :D

I don't think they apply NE2 credits lol

Come to think of it, has a walmart or best buy ever applied a NE2 credit. My last phone purchase (Original vzw Droid) I bought full price because I noticed a pricing error listing it $349 non-contract.

My assumption is the credit only applies to vzw online and actual vzw stores. Again, just my guess... I could be wrong