VZW new family share plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 21ce, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 21ce macrumors member

The family share plan now includes unlimted text messaging?! Just a week ago the text messaging plans were paid as needed (different package deals). I know they have always had free mobile to mobile, but this is new. My bill is still the same base price as it used to be, but now the second line and mine both have unlimted text messages. Impressive

Attached Files:

2. 21ce thread starter macrumors member

Yeah my fault, I know the majority don't care about this. I was just wondering if this was a new feature or if i'm mistaken and overlooking something. But you're right, this is more of a Verizon question.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh well you didn't ask if it was a mistake. ;)
    I don't think it is, I thought they changed their texting plans for family plans. I think it's a decent move.

4. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

Just checked and I still have to pay $0.20/per txt message. :(

I have the 550/min family plan.

5. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I don't think Verizon has a 550 minute family plan. I thought their smallest was 700 minutes?

6. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

It's not advertised, you have to be a customer for at least two years and then you are eligible. I pay $50.00/month + $9.99 for an additonal line.

7. OutGolfn macrumors regular

The way I see it in your attachment is you now have the Nationwide Talk & Text 700 plan. Which includes the $30 unlimited texting for a total of $99.99

The regular family Talk plan 700 is $69.99 for two lines, which has the pay per text.

8. DoctorK4 macrumors regular

Yeah, you're thinking about two different family share plans. The "Talk and Text" offers unlimited texting. The regular Family Share plan allows you to customize your text package line-by-line, so you could have one line with no package (just pay as you go) and the other line with a 500-text pkg.