VZW new Iphone 5 once launched and data plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockos, Aug 9, 2011.

1. rockos macrumors member

Right now I have a Bold 9650 with vzw. I hate the phone. I want an Iphone 5 i didnt go with the iphone 4 for the obvious reassons everyone has stated.

My question is will I be able to keep my unlimited everything (min,txt, web ete) for my one low price. RIght now I pay approx 20 per month unlimted txt and web includes email for my BB.

thanks

2. Macrookie86 macrumors member

No if you get a new phone and pay the discount phone price then you wont be able to keep unlimited at that price.

3. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

since you already have it you will be able to keep it. the only people who wont have it are people who signed a contract after july 7 when the change went into effect. or unless you take it off then you will lose it. You're grandfathered in.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Not true. If you upgrade to the new phone then yes you will be able to keep it. When you upgrade at the end of your 2 yr contract, you will receive the discounted phone price. If you cancel your contract and come back to it at a later date then you will lose your grandfathered unlimited plan.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Is your old phone on the Edge plan? If so you won't be able to keep that at the same price. I doubt if they'll even let you keep the unlimited data at all once the iPhone 5 comes out and you'd be switched to 3G.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

There is no edge plan on VZW...