VZW order question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by projectfx, Sep 20, 2014.

1. projectfx macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2014
    sorry for posting here, but i am going to assume that most people who can actually answer this question no longer visit the VZW preorde thread.

i preordered a phone through verizon, ship date is currently 10/10. i am on verizon edge and i had to agree to pay like 100 bucks to "edge up"

this morning i saw that a store in NJ had 1 silver 6+ available, since it owuld not let me use my line (due to preorder) i placed the order using my wifes line which also had an upgrade available.

so now i have the order from apple on my wifes line (available for pickup today) and a preorder at verizon on my line.

so the question is, what do i do when or before i go to get the phone...

my thinking is...

call verizon cancel preorder once apple confirms ready for pickup (not sure how long this takes??) i can also stop at the verizon store on the way.

call or visit verizon to return my current phone and pay the balance.

by the time i get to the apple store i should have 2 upgrades one on my edge line (since i would have paid off the balance) and 1 on my wifes line. i can then simply transfer the phone to my line.

any help or input is appreciated...
  2. projectfx thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2014
    just called apple, they said they dont do edge in store. i guess will have to do the 2 year.