VZW Sim cards?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by kat.hayes, Jun 12, 2013.

1. kat.hayes macrumors 6502a

1. What type of data is saved to my VZW Sim card?

2. If I wipe and sell my current Note2 would I want to take out the Sim card?

3. Do I need to put my current Sim card in my next phone or does it not matter?

Thanks.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

1. I think it is all of your account information

2. Yes, take it out

3. Not really sure how verizon does things. Att/tmobile you can use take it out and pop it into your new phone.

3. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

3. if you arent' switching carrier, then you should be able to put the same sim card on another verizon phone (LTE phones that accept sim cards).

if you are switching providers, you will get a new sim and old verizon sim is no longer needed.

4. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

You can pop your vzw sim card in any phone that takes a vzw sim and it will transfer everything over to it that a gsm sime card would...

Hell someone even took a sprint Note 2, replaced the built in sim reader/card with a vzw aftermarket one and managed to get it working on VZW, albeit without LTE.

5. kat.hayes thread starter macrumors 6502a

What do you mean by "transfer everything?" are you talking about account data or actual files, documents, images, etc.?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They mean account data. Your data plan, minutes, service plan is what is stored on the Sim. Take it out when you sell the old one and put it in the new phone. You wont need to call Verizon to activate the new phone.