iPhone XS w/ eSim on AT&T: SIM failure and no service & Number changed to primary (SMS) & iMessage issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OverSpun, Aug 3, 2019.

1. OverSpun macrumors 65816

OverSpun

Last week I thought I mainly needed the iOS 12.4 update. After some time, service came back. However, today I completely lost service including “no sim” “no service” and “sim failure”. Obviously the 12.4 did not help anything.

At this point I can only use WiFi. I live in SoCal, is anyone else dealing with this as well? Preferably if anyone knows a way to fix it.

I still have my eSim card and SIM card as well, have not needed the physical SIM in the phone since I got the eSim in December ‘18. Zero issues until recently.

Thanks

2. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 65816

OverSpun

Without service all day, I just reset the network and hard reset the phone.

Under Cellular “Turn On this line” it was off, I turned on the switch and a second screen let me activate my primary line and I have “some” service, only 1 bar but that’s a lot better than nothing.

5Ge is worse than LTE since ATT started this. I feel that att caused this service failure today.

3. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 65816

OverSpun

I still have intermittent service with No SIM, SIM failure, No Service. The phone has not worked normally since last week.

4. OverSpun, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019

OverSpun thread starter macrumors 65816

OverSpun

I have resolved two issues and it only needs 1 post. I figured the no service issue myself by redoing my eSIM, Apple helped me to figure out the other issue. After a lot of research and nothing else resolved any of these issues before.

1. I removed and readded my eSIM and it seems to have resolved AT&T's 5Ge "upgrade". This may or not caused an iMessage issue and it stopped syncing between my MBP / Watch & Phone. I could only send SMSs from my phone.

2. "Waiting for activation" notification by turning on and off the iMessage trying to resolve the "waiting for activation" and making iMessage work again,

This can be resolved by going to the settings -> General -> Reset -> "Reset all Settings". You will need to redo your wallpaper, Face ID, Wallet cards, Control Center, Activate Locations, atrial fibrillation (If you have Watch 4) and WIFI and about nothing else.

My phone is still showing "Number changed to Primary" by sending or receiving SMSs. I'll make a post if I can figure it out.