W1 chip connection issues

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Primalmind, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Primalmind macrumors newbie

My Powerbeats3 and my AirPods seem to work great when I first got them, when I would move from my iPhone to my Apple Watch to listen to music (when working out or running) it was seemless. Over time I have begun having issues with the Apple Watch not being able to pair with the headphone seamlessly. I would either have to turn off the iPhone or turn off Bluetooth on my iPhone before the headset would link to the Apple Watch. I've gone to see the geniuses at the Apple bar and they still cannot figure it out and have recommended that I just updrate the software on the iPhone and the Apple Watch to see what f that solves the issue. has anybody come across this with the watch, having problems connecting to the headset even with the W1 chip?

2. Der Keyser macrumors member

Der Keyser

I have the exact same issue. If my airpods are connected to my phone and have been used there, I need to turn of bluetooth on my phone to have my watch pair with them.
    Generally I have had loads of problems with bluetooth since Ios10 (like when used in my car, it wont "release" the stereo after a call, and I have to wait 5 min. For it to loose connection and reconnect automatically again)