Waaay too many e-mail notifications

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by annk, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I've never posted about this up to now, because I know others have. But it's getting out of hand - - I've been getting up to 18 e-mail notifications for the same post, and this happens on a daily basis.

I really like the e-mail notification, and I don't want to turn it off. But if this keeps up, I might have to. Is there any hope of a solution? :(

2. danny_w macrumors 601

Same problem here. It has been happening for the last 2-3 days at least. I will often get 8 or so identical forum messages for the same post.

3. annk thread starter Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It's been happening for many weeks to me. :( I'm not signed up with more than one e-mail address, and I don't have the address I'm signed up with forwarded to any of my other addresses, so it can't be anything like that.

I seem to remember that this is a known problem, but I just had to mention it, since it doesn't seem to be getting resolved.

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

i have mine set to send daily emails
    and that is working fine

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

This happens to me sometimes as well. I assume it's a server issue...although I've never had more than 2 or 3 notifications come in at once.

6. Barry N macrumors member

Barry N

I got 27 notifications this morning... all sent at the same time. How do I stop this madness ???????

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I win - I got 32 notifications yesterday for one reply. Do I win a prize or something? :cool:

Seriously, we still don't know what the problem is. Please see the original thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.