Wacky display problems on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iTunesFreak5454, Oct 6, 2008.

1. iTunesFreak5454 macrumors newbie

I'm having a weird display issue with my MBP. I bought it last July so it's not "old" or anything.

It's very strange. It's something on the screen but yet I can't get a screen capture of it. Every time I do a screen capture, I get my picture, but the anomaly is not there. So instead, I had to take a picture with my camera so that I could show you. Basically it's a bunch of little gray dotes running from the top left of my screen to about two inches down. I have TechTool Deluxe with my Applecare plan and when I do a test, everything comes back as a "pass". It's just a weird thing. It's on the screen, but I can't screen capture it. In fact, if I look at my screen from a different angle, they disappear as well. They are only visible when I look at my screen head on.

Here's the image:

[​IMG]

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

if it does not show up in the screenshot then it is a problem with the display, not the graphics card

I would say that there is something behind the screen causing it, have you ever spilled anything on your MBP?

You should take it to the apple store, they will prolly want to replace the screen though, so you would be without your computer for a little while...

3. iTunesFreak5454 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for responding.

No, I have never spilled anything on the MBP. I don't know what happened. One day this was just kinda there. I did fear that it was a display issue and not a graphics card issue. I figured I probably had to take it in. I was just hoping that someone had something similar to this and could be able to identify it for me.

Thank you though. :)

4. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

If it's still in warranty, return the machine to an AppleStore for a screen swap out!!