Wacom Bamboo or Intuos?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Whitey594, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Whitey594 macrumors newbie

Oct 18, 2009
    Hey, I'm thinking of finally getting a tablet and I am having a hard time choosing between a Bamboo and an Intuos4 small. The Bamboo is definitely in my price range but I don't want to sacrifice quality or anything either. I am currently in art school, so I think having the higher-quality Intuos would pay off in the end. I will be mostly using it for drawing and painting in Photoshop. Are there any major advantages to having the Intuos over a Bamboo? Also, this will be my very first tablet so I have some stuff to get used too. I suppose I could save up for an Intuos but would I get the same bang for my buck with a Bamboo?
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    For painting I'd say Intuos because it has more layers of sensitivity which is great for painting and airbrushing.
  3. Wee Beastie macrumors regular

Aug 20, 2007
    In the snow with Rosebud
    I just want insert a non sequitur here and compliment jessica on her avatar. That pic always cracked me up. But now that you've photoshopped a santa hat on it—well lets just say I am filled with the spirit of christmas right now. It's the cat's balls indeed....

edit: haha and I just got the implication of your location...alright it is def time for me to go to bed.
  4. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

Aug 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    I have both... I use the bamboo pen for travels and its a fantastic. I have the Intuos4 at home and i love it for it's space and the extra pressure sensitivity is great for painting, but if you don't plan on doing a lot of painting the bamboo is awesome. I reviewed it on my site if you wanna read it: http://www.tjunkers.com/blog/?p=213