Wacom Cintiq 12" to Mc Pro, what adapter?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rtanphoto, Jan 1, 2010.

1. rtanphoto macrumors newbie

I gave myself a gift this christmas :D by buying a wacon cintiq 12". I noticed that during installation, there is no adapter provided(for apple users only) for the video connection between wacom and macpro. what kind of adapter is that? My Mcpro is unibody unit.

It says in the manual "If connecting to an Apple ADC or mini-VGA connection, you will need to obtain an appropriate adapter"

Any link for the specific adapter is greatly appreciated. I live in US to link in specific store.

2. Transporteur macrumors 68030

If I remember correct, the Cinitiq uses a standard DVI port.
    To connect such a port to the Mac Pro you need a miniDP to DVI adapter.

It's this one. -> Apple miniDP-DVI

As all current Apple products use the miniDP port, you can connect your Cinitq to all those products.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

First what Mac do you have? Mac Pro or MacBook Pro?
    (Here is an overview what Macs currently exist and how they are named: http://www.apple.com/mac/)

If you have a MacBook Pro Unibody you need a mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter, as according to this, the Cintiq has a DVI input.
    If you have any other Mac the adapter will work too, unless your Mac has no mini DisplayPort.

4. rtanphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

5. rtanphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Transportuer, I think that is the one, thanks!

6. goldenluigi macrumors newbie

Kanex Adapter

Hi:

I had the exact same issue (bought it for myself for xmas too hehe). And i had a Minidisplay to VGA adapter (it was old and lying around in my drawer, to be fair) which did NOT work at all:mad:... i was about to shoot myself after spending 1200 bucks on the cintiq.

I bought the Kanex Minidisplay to DVI adapter and it worked as soon as i plugged it in:D

good luck

http://www.kanexlive.com/iadaptdvi