Wacom ?: Does yours do this?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by munckee, Jul 31, 2007.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

I've had my 6x11 for a good while now (6 months?). I recently rearranged my desk situation so I'm using it at a slightly different angle now. I noticed, since this change, that the grey rubbery-plastic piece that covers the actual "writing" surface is only secured near the top 1" or so. It's annoying because if my hand is sitting on the pad for too long, it sticks and pulls the piece up as I move.

Is this normal, or is mine coming unglued? There doesn't seem to be any glue residue or sticky-ness on the underside, so I'm not sure.

2. LeviG macrumors 65816

its normal, it can be removed and replaced with a transparent version which allows you to trace over images etc.

3. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks...it's annoying :rolleyes: :D

I never noticed it before, I guess it was just at enough of a different angle to be ok before.

4. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, this is really annoying me. Has anyone glued theirs down more securely? If so, what'd you use?

5. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

That seems rather drastic. Why not just place a piece of paper underneath your hand so that the sweat doesn't stick to the tablet?

6. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

So fixing the issue for my needs is drastic, but having a piece of paper under my hand every time I use my computer is OK? It's not like my hand is a sweat faucet or something. I think it has more to do with the angle I'm using it at now. I used it for months and never even noticed that the piece wasn't secured until I rearranged my desk recently.

7. uMac macrumors 6502

Duck Tape is a bit too drastic for this...

Tape the edges (the part you don't touch much) with masking tape, doesn't take a lot to hold it down.

8. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

Yes it does seem drastic, because you'd never be able to use the overlay for tracing once it's glued down. I own and use an Intuos2 with this sort of overlay. Because my hand sweats a lot, I've gotten used to putting a piece of paper under it, similar to what I do to make sure paper I draw on doesn't get soaked in sweat. If it's really that big of a problem, go ahead and glue the damn thing. No skin off my back if you want to ruin your tablet.

9. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

:D Glad I have your approval. BTW, there's lots of different types of glue. I was figuring something like a dab of rubber cement that could be un-adhered down the road if necessary, not superglue.