Wacom graphics tablet guide

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by okieiam, Mar 4, 2017.

1. okieiam macrumors newbie

okieiam

Has any one kill on graphics tablet with macOS. I found people review it as really hard drawing or writin on the table while looking at the monitor. Any idea?

2. TSE macrumors 68030

I am an industrial designer using an intuos pro medium, the previous generation. I can only assume that this current generation is even better.

It took some getting used to, for sure. What I discovered though, was it was mostly mental. Once I got over the hurdle of the new experience, and just sat down to get work done, I forgot that I was drawing on my tabletop while looking forward at the screen. I plan on taking a good hard look at the new iPad Pros as a possible upgrade. But you know what? The wacom tablet has done everything I've asked, and more. It's really introduced me to the world of digital sketching and I really don't need to upgrade.

If you have anymore specific questions, feel free to ask me.

Below is some sketches I did last night.

Attached Files:

3. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Once you mastered you will never look down on graphic tablet. I started with small Wacom tablet then now I got a Wacom Intous 5 medium. Take a lot of training to become a pro. :)

4. okieiam thread starter macrumors newbie

okieiam

Hi, I am actually ordering a 10 inch Wacom tablet Cube Mix Plus and planning to put OSX on it
    I know a device doesn't make an artist, just for fun
    Thank you anyway

5. okieiam, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017

okieiam thread starter macrumors newbie

okieiam

workworkWaiting for my Cube tablet to arrive, I just bought one Wacom Intous Draw CTL490 and put film protector in its surface. In SketchBook Pro, I have to press really hard for the pressure work, on the other hand, the surface of the tablet is too slippery in ArtRage.... Any setting in these software to improve the condition?
    Also please tell typical hover range for a good tablet. My pen is not detected if hovering a distance more than 5 mm from the surface. I think It Should work even at 1 to 2 cm away right ?
    Thanks
    Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 17.03.38.png

6. Zoeluo macrumors newbie

Zoeluo

I saw a new Cube iWork10 Pro Dual OS appeared on cube-tablet, may this support.