Wacom Inkling....where'd ya go?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by NXTMIKE, Oct 24, 2011.

1. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

So upon Wacom's press release in August of their announced upcoming product, the "Inkling", I along with many designers were quite eager to pick one of these up. Initially they said they'd be shipping in September, than early October, and now mid-October is the slated date....but on the 25th....still no sign of any online stores/retailers carrying the Inkling!

Have you guys heard anything about the state of Wacom Inkling?

2. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

I've had one on pre-order from Amazon for awhile now, and still nothing. I saw this and was actually excited for a second:

Gizmodo on Inkling release date.

Obviously didn't happen. I wonder what the delay is.

3. Zoreke macrumors member

Yes, what happened with the inkling? I sketch everyday so it will be really nice to use this missing link of Wacom tablets...

I think there's a software issue or a bad first batch they returned to china... It looked so good on the little video they posted. but I guess they still need to work on the bugs. I still have $200 ready to buy it as soon is out on the market.

I hope they solve the problems soon I really want one...

:D

4. jeremy h macrumors 6502

Interesting looking thing. Looks like some have already gone out?

The production of Inkling is slower than planned, means per week we get less Inklings than planned, that’s why it takes longer than expected to fulfil the whole delivery and to serve all customers who already pre-ordered at once.
    The first tranche to our customers was shipped on October 6.
    The second tranche will be shipped within this week. The next tranche is planned for end October.
    The ones, who ordered first, are getting their Inkling first. We are convinced that this is the best and fairest way to treat the Inkling customers and we promise that everybody is treated fair and respectfully.​

Lot's of very fed up people and cancelled orders who haven't had one on their review pages though!

5. deanburchell macrumors newbie

I too have an Amazon pre-order. If you think of it it would be cool if you could post when it ships and I'll do the same. I ordered mine on Sept. 21.

6. NXTMIKE thread starter macrumors 6502

That would be great. I haven't ordered yet as I plan to pick one up in store, but please post when yours is shipped.

7. mp025004 macrumors newbie

Hi I've just had this message from my supplier (Jigsaw24.com):

"We have been contacted by our supplier to inform us that Wacom
    Inkling Stock is now starting to be allocated across Europe

As soon as we receive any further information we will keep you
    informed"

8. deanburchell macrumors newbie

Wacom Inkling shipped from Amazon

Just wanted to let you know that my Inkling shipped. (This was just a couple days after Amazon wanted me to confirm that I still wanted the item as they could no longer estimate it's availability!)

9. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

I notice they're now popping up on eBay (UK).

10. barricas macrumors newbie

11. Evanesco, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  12. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

So how is it? I've heard so many conflicting reports on how well it works. I keep hoping there's an update that'll address a lot of the issues.