Wacom Intuos 12x12

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Abraxsis, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

Ive got the opportunity to pick up a 12x12 Intuos for 50 bucks, just have to drive 120 mile round trip to get it cause the guy wont ship it. Ive seen pics, and I know it is in good working order. Think its worth the trip?

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

What Intuos is it i.e. 2 or 3? Also if you do make the trip test it out and double check the cord at the point of entry into the tablet. Would this just be the tablet or does it come with the pen? Hey if it works well and is an Intuos2 or 3 then I'd say it's worth it (more so the Intuos3). It's obviously going to be quite large but if all goes well I posted a Wacom Tablet Setup (something like that) in the help section here on MR so you can scale the usable tablet area down if you find you need to put to much (excuse the pun) elbow into it ;)
    So sure, good shape, no chips or cracks and the cord is in good shape, sounds pretty nice :D

3. Abraxsis thread starter macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

It is an original Intuos, the lpi is about half that of the 2 or 3, but everything else is the same. It is the USB version, with the pen and cable. It is in very good shape. They still go in the neighborhood of 200-250 on eBay. If nothing else, I can buy it for 50 bucks and resell and make a 150.00 profit min. Not to mention if I got this one, I would consider selling my Bamboo Fun Med, even though it is highly portable.

This is what the intuos Im considering looks like http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacom-Intuos-ta...oryZ3680QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4. jerryrock macrumors 6502

jerryrock

5. Abraxsis thread starter macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

No, as I stated in my post it is the USB version, which is compatible with both Mac and Vista. The link was to only show what it looked like.

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Sorry for the delay, have you purchased the 12x12 and if so how are you liking it thus far? I forgot to ask if you checked the Wacom site to make sure the drivers would work for it with OSX :cool: