Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

undefinedalias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2014
Hi,

I have an old Wacom Bamboo with an active area in the size of A6 (small).
I will upgrade to a new Wacom Intuos Pro. I just don't know which size to get; the medium (A5) or large (A4) size.

I use it in Photoshop for retouching and recently started to paint and draw also. I have a 27” monitor.

What would you say – a medium or large? What are the pros and cons for each size?

Thank you!

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Hi,

I have an old Wacom Bamboo with an active area in the size of A6 (small).
I will upgrade to a new Wacom Intuos Pro. I just don't know which size to get; the medium (A5) or large (A4) size.

I use it in Photoshop for retouching and recently started to paint and draw also. I have a 27” monitor.

What would you say – a medium or large? What are the pros and cons for each size?

Thank you!

I bought the medium 2 weeks ago. after being advised by a long time user that the L is too large and is less comfortable when the hand has to travel from one side to the other.

To date, I am quite happy with it. I am very comfortable with it, double monitor system (27" x2), photoshop, after effects, illustrator, all super comfy and precise.

Attachments

• scribles.jpg
    scribles.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 1,311
  • aep.jpg
    aep.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,398

righteye

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2011
London
Have the A5 working two monitors and it works a treat.I was also told the A4 is two to big especially for travel or work away from the desk, used mine on photo shoots.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I've had both, the large 2 gens ago, the medium now. The LARGE is TOO big. I found myself continually trying to draw, using the entire space, sort of like how you would with a large canvas. Most of my work is small icons or artwork, not landscaping Rockwell style.

The medium is just right.

Meme watch:
My WACOM is too big. My WACOM is too big.

shly0718

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
Singapore
Near one year

Off the topic, recently I also consider to buy one, but notice that the intuos pro came out pt last sep, and I'm afraid they're going to upgrade the line this sep, either old model price drop, or new model get new feature at the same price tag

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Off the topic, recently I also consider to buy one, but notice that the intuos pro came out pt last sep, and I'm afraid they're going to upgrade the line this sep, either old model price drop, or new model get new feature at the same price tag

Not off topic at all. OP might really appreciate this

Is there someone who can confirm if there is an annual release cycle?

Photoshopper

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Idaho
Not off topic at all. OP might really appreciate this

Is there someone who can confirm if there is an annual release cycle?

I don't think there is. Besides, how big a change would there be? I wouldn't wait.

MEDIUM. All the way.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
The release cycle is NOT annual. Don't wait on technology. If you need it, buy it. I'm really not sure what they would/could improve. Just get the wireless one and sit back and enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.