Wacom Intuos Pro - Medium or Large size?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by undefinedalias, Jul 13, 2014.

1. undefinedalias macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an old Wacom Bamboo with an active area in the size of A6 (small).
    I will upgrade to a new Wacom Intuos Pro. I just don't know which size to get; the medium (A5) or large (A4) size.

I use it in Photoshop for retouching and recently started to paint and draw also. I have a 27” monitor.

What would you say – a medium or large? What are the pros and cons for each size?

Thank you!

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

I bought the medium 2 weeks ago. after being advised by a long time user that the L is too large and is less comfortable when the hand has to travel from one side to the other.

To date, I am quite happy with it. I am very comfortable with it, double monitor system (27" x2), photoshop, after effects, illustrator, all super comfy and precise.

Attached Files:

3. righteye macrumors 6502

Have the A5 working two monitors and it works a treat.I was also told the A4 is two to big especially for travel or work away from the desk, used mine on photo shoots.

4. 960design macrumors 68020

I've had both, the large 2 gens ago, the medium now. The LARGE is TOO big. I found myself continually trying to draw, using the entire space, sort of like how you would with a large canvas. Most of my work is small icons or artwork, not landscaping Rockwell style.

The medium is just right.

Meme watch:
    My WACOM is too big. My WACOM is too big.

5. needfx, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014

needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

6. shly0718 macrumors member

shly0718

Near one year

Off the topic, recently I also consider to buy one, but notice that the intuos pro came out pt last sep, and I'm afraid they're going to upgrade the line this sep, either old model price drop, or new model get new feature at the same price tag

7. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

Not off topic at all. OP might really appreciate this

Is there someone who can confirm if there is an annual release cycle?

8. Photoshopper macrumors regular

Photoshopper

I don't think there is. Besides, how big a change would there be? I wouldn't wait.

MEDIUM. All the way.

9. 960design macrumors 68020

The release cycle is NOT annual. Don't wait on technology. If you need it, buy it. I'm really not sure what they would/could improve. Just get the wireless one and sit back and enjoy.