Wacom Intuous 5 Touch & New iMac late 2012 27inch Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ianocoolio, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ianocoolio macrumors newbie

Hey sexy folks!

I bought a shiny new 27 inch iMac and a new Wacom Intuous 5 Touch before Xmas. Unfortunately, there is a serious conflict. Everytime I restart the iMac, the Wacom drivers go a bit mental, and there is an error message in the System Preferences section, when I click on the Wacom tab. Basically, I need to reinstall the Wacom drivers everytime I restart.

I spent so much money on this, and I checked the net and many people are having the same conflict. I have updated the Wacom drive online, but to no avail.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can somebody help? I am a iMac newbie so after spending so much money this is mega depressing.

Cheers! :)

2. WrrN, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

WrrN macrumors regular

WrrN

I have the same Mac configuration as you and after a restart today, my preferences have reverted to the default Wacom settings. The bad thing is I hadn't backed up the prefs after making a bunch of settings changes.

Use the Wacom Tablet Utility found in the /Applications/Wacom Tablet/ folder to backup and restore settings.
    Wacom USA suggests removing the tablet software entirely (using above utility) if you experience pref problems. [and of course reinstall the s/w]

For now, I'm going to backup my prefs every time I make a change/addition to them.