Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

All iPads Wacom iPad Pro

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
What are the chances of the iPad Pro, if it ever comes out, getting a really good, sensitive screen similar to Wacom's Cintiq lineup?

As an industrial designer, that is the only "Pro" feature I am looking forward to the possibility of it having.

Reactions: motulist

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Wacom iPad Pro

The iPad barely has features that differentiate it from the iPhone as it is, same 3 app layout in folders etc. Can you see them making a whole new iPad only input method?

Possible but unlikely.

Comment

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
I think that now that bigger screen iphones have been introduced and sales of ipad have been stagnating, it may help with the introduction of more innovative features and innovation of iOS. There is starting to become a need to further differentiate iOS devices and how they are used based somewhat on the size of the device.

I mean, why change what is working and selling so well? Now, were at the stage of, what if it's not working and selling as well? At least in regards to ipad.

Comment

vmflapem

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2013
What are the chances of the iPad Pro, if it ever comes out, getting a really good, sensitive screen similar to Wacom's Cintiq lineup?

As an industrial designer, that is the only "Pro" feature I am looking forward to the possibility of it having.

PLEASE APPLE! I want to see Wacom on the ipad pro!!

Comment

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I think that now that bigger screen iphones have been introduced and sales of ipad have been stagnating, it may help with the introduction of more innovative features and innovation of iOS. There is starting to become a need to further differentiate iOS devices and how they are used based somewhat on the size of the device.

I mean, why change what is working and selling so well? Now, were at the stage of, what if it's not working and selling as well? At least in regards to ipad.

How do you know iPad sales are stagnating because of iPhones?

There are ALOT of reasons why iPad sales are down the past couple of weeks. I can list some for you if you'd like :)

Comment

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
How do you know iPad sales are stagnating because of iPhones?

There are ALOT of reasons why iPad sales are down the past couple of weeks. I can list some for you if you'd like :)

Oh I guess that was written a little funny. I'm not insinuating that ipad sales are stagnating because of the new iPhone. With the new sizes for iPhones, there is an even wider spectrum of devices, but the step between each device is incremental, so there must be differential between products to ensure sale and also encourage multi product purchases. I was also saying that ipad sales have slowed in growth based on various news source citings and the constant barrage of ipad sales and discounts like at target and best buy.

There are certainly numerous reasons as to why sales may have slowed. I'm simply saying that slowing sales growth is good for innovation and product development. Maybe we'll get some fancy new features because of it!

Last edited:
Comment

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Oh I guess that was written a little funny. I'm not insinuating that ipad sales are stagnating because of the new iPhone. With the new sizes for iPhones, there is an even wider spectrum of devices, but the step between each device is incremental, so there must be differential between products to ensure sale and also encourage multi product purchases. I was also saying that ipad sales have slowed in growth based on various news source citings and the constant barrage of ipad sales and discounts like at target and best buy.

There are certainly numerous reasons as to why sales may have slowed. I'm simply saying that slowing sales growth is good for innovation and product development. Maybe we'll get some fancy new features because of it!

Ah! Totally understood! Yup iPad business is down..

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.